Saturday 9 November 2013

Research Project

Mid Point Presentation

The mid point presentation went well. As I mentioned that I had seen work by Eric Hart that I felt that could be done to a higher standard I was advised to find something that I do find impressive and inspiring.

I am sticking with the Stan Winston School as a strong source of information. They have a wide range of videos all with a high standard of work.

From watching the videos I am learning that there is multiples of the same prop made. They are made from different materials for different shoots. For example a prop may be made soft for a stunt scene. Props may also be made to have different looks such as matte or shinny.


In the video below you can see multiples of the same prop being made by the Stan Winston School, found on You Tube:
 


Iron Man Maquette by Stan Winston School
 
 

While researching I have become interested in maquettes as they are used for most films. They show exactly how the finished product must look, this must be strictly stuck to, where as in theatre I feel there is little more artistic licence given.

No comments:

Post a Comment