Monday 9 December 2013

Research Project, Ireland

Clara is studying props on The Lord of The Rings films. Through her research she found that there was a LOTR props exhibition on in Newbridge about an hour away from Dublin. As this exhibition also benefited my research project I we went together.

Seeing only a handfull of the props made me realise the huge scale of a film production and budget.

From seeing a technical drawing of a hobbit house I feel I learned that there is a huge amount of planning and budget put into the planning and testing of props, costume set ect before the making process begins. This is similar to how productions at RCS run as well as other theatres.

The thing I got the most from this exhibition is a conformation that I would like to work in film and I feel that I realistically could. Before starting this research project I felt slightly like worki g in film was a bit of a dream for me, however seeing how things are made and knowing that I understand the prosess or am willing to learn shows me that I could work in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment