Thursday 12 December 2013

Research Project


Reflecting on my research project so far I feel I have learnt a lot and will continue the project.
 
I feel I now have a better understanding of how prop makers work in TV/film. I feel I understand that there is a lot more varied opportunities in this specalism than I initially though.
 
I feel I have a greater idea of what is expected when working in the industry. You can be asked to give up your time and can be expected to travel. This project has made me want to work on getting a strong portfolio for graduating. I also understand the standard of work must be high.

This project has helped me look at a few companies I would aspire to work for such as Artem and Disney. I now feel I have a prop maker I can look at as an example of good work and self-promotion, Harrison Krix from Volpin Props.


I feel the trip to Ireland made me realise I am exited by this industry and gave me confidence that I am capable of having a career in this industry.
At this point I feel I do not have the skills to go straight into the best work but know I have the determination to. I know that I have to widen my skill sets and knowledge. I have started a personal project ( see West End Festival blog) that I feel will challenge me and help me achieve my goal of getting work in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment